Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I would like some cheese with my whine

I may crack.
Summer may do me in.
Kids stuck inside with nothing to do.
Despite my best pintrest intentions the heat is rising.

Today was rough. It was all i could do to muster up the will power to go to the store. Its hard to go outside and feel like the air is suffocating you and your children.
I know I whine a lot about the weather on here. Its more then just the hot temps here in Phoenix. Its a discontentment in my soul. a longing to give my kids the same experiences I had as a child. Will said once that I needed to remember that my childhood was mine and theirs was theirs. That they will have happy memories, and I shouldn't think that because It didn't look like mine it wasn't good still. I have been thinking a lot about his words and while, I think there is a lot of wisdom in it I also think its really normal to want to share your past with your kids. To want them to feel a connection to you when you were their age.

I need to learn to be content with this. I am praying that God will show me a way. I think the desire to not settle in the desert is from him. But its being made very clear that the Desert is where I am meant to be for now.

Please God let me stop hating it.

I do feel like I need to clarify that while I hate the climate i adore the people. I have some fantastic friends and family here. Thats what I need to focus my thoughts on.

and cute babies with THREE new teeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments !