Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Busy 4th of July weekend.

I am a Midwest girl. I grew up running around outside all day on the fourth. We played with sparklers, had bbq's, and ended the night with a huge firework show over lake Butler.
Great memories.

Arizona is different. It's hot here. Hot and dry. It's hard to be outside for hours when it's 110 degrees. Living here has turned me into a fourth of July Scrooge. So this year because I am nine months pregnant, because I was on my feet most of the day on Sunday shooting a wedding, because we have had record breaking heat. I decided I had no expectations for the 4th.
Nope.
Nada
Zilch.

And ya know what!
It was one of the best I have ever had in Arizona.
We had a storm blow through (minus the rain) and it cooled it down to the 90s! Unheard of for AZ!
We went to the park, ate burgers and hot dogs and watched the girls dance.
In my mind I had my girls dressed in matching blue and red shirts. I packed a Punic with cute decorated cupcakes and sliced watermelon. But in real life. I was lucky I remembered bottles of cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments !