Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Coffee Tuesday a Giant issue.

Good morning !! Myka is at pre school and I am enjoying the quiet. No coffee for me this morning. Just water. I got good news from the doctor that labor could be just around the corner. And I tend to be a puker so I am trying to keep my belly as empty as possible.

Betcha wanted to know that , huh !

My plan was to share this weeks updates and antics with you. Then I got a e mail from my mom. I am so grateful for my mom. Sometimes I don't always show it.  I need to work on that. But i am. I think the thing I am most grateful for. You know, other then the fact that she gave me lie ! Is that my mom raised me to be very aware of others. To see hurt and injustice and suffering in the world. To not only see it but to fight it. A issue that has been on my heart for years is that of human trafficking. Even saying that statement seems funny to me. I mean to say that something is on your heart means you think about. But something as monstrous as sexual slavery simply can not be something we just "think about".  We need to do something about it.

I was so inspired when i read that Blog Sugar ( woot ) was sponsoring Love 146 this year. I had never heard of them but I watched this you tube video and before I knew it I was crying. Crying for this little girl. For all the little children being hurt and exploited. Then I prayed. I prayed that God would show me how to help. I mean I give money, I follow a slew of organizations on twitter. I keep informed, do my best to tell other people. But I am just one person !!  And this monster is a giant.

And I feel like David. Standing before Goliath with just a sling and stone.

back to my e mail from my mom. I had shard the Love 146 video with her. And yesterday morning I got his e mail from her. She sent it to everyone in her inbox.






 The little girl was held captive in a glass cage, fully displayed for sale, her small white dress, bearing the
number 146, clinging to her tiny, brutalized body. There were other little girls trapped in the cage with
her, also for sale, but #146 stood out - she was screaming, clawing at the glass in a futile attempt to
escape what was happening to her. She still had a minute trace of fight left in her terrified soul.

The others didn’t; that was evident. Their eyes, blank holes, stared numbly, wondering how soon the
next sexual torture would come. All around them, monsters, who had, once upon a time, been human
(long ago, before evil, insane desires claimed them) licked their lips in anticipation of devouring the little
girls’ flesh. Many monsters would be satisfied that day…

And the next…

And the next…

And the next…

And the little girls knew it. They had no hope.

That’s why #146 screamed. But it would be only a matter of time until she stopped, until she realized
what she was…

FOR SALE.

She was

As a mother, as a grandmother, as a woman, as a Christian, as a person, I can’t just sit back and do
nothing to stop this horror. But what do I do? Every instinct I have tells me to fight for these precious
little girls (and boys) - and I would fight to the death if this were happening before my eyes. I would
eradicate the monsters with whatever weapons I could lay my hands on - but who do I fight? And how
do I fight? And even if I could fight, would eradicating a few monsters make a difference? There are so
many of them…

Millions...

Utterly helpless, I feel my heart sink within me; my lips quiver and tears fill my eyes. This type of
injustice can’t be, it can’t prevail. And yet, it does prevail. It is prevailing every minute of every day. It’s
just too big, it’s too monstrous… It’s a leviathan that no one person can stand against.

The Book of Job, Chapter 41, describes a leviathan in the following way:

If you lay a hand on him, you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
Any hope of subduing him is false; the mere sight of him is overpowering.
No-one is fierce enough to rouse him.
I will not fail to speak of his limbs, his strength and his graceful form.
Who can strip off his outer coat? Who would approach him with a bridal?
Who dares open the doors of his mouth, ringed about with his fearsome teeth?
His back has rows of shields tightly sealed together;
each is so close to the next that no air can pass between.
They are joined fast to one another; they cling together and cannot be parted.
His snorting throws out flashes of light; his eyes are like the rays of dawn.
Firebrands stream from his mouth; sparks of fire shoot out.
Smoke pours from his nostrils as from a boiling pot over a fire of reeds.
His breath sets coals ablaze, and flames dart from his mouth.
Strength resides in his neck; dismay goes before him.
The folds of his flesh are tightly joined; they are firm and immovable.
His chest is hard as rock, hard as a lower millstone.
When he rises up, the mighty are terrified; they retreat before his thrashing.
The sword that reaches him has no effect, nor does the spear or the dart or the
javelin.
Iron he treats like straw and bronze like rotten wood.
Arrows do not make him flee, slingstones are like chaff to him.
A club seems to him but a piece of straw, he laughs at the rattling of the lance.
His undersides are jagged potsherds, leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing-
sledge.
He makes the depths churn like a boiling cauldron and stirs up the sea like a pot
of ointment.
Behind him he leaves a glistening wake; one would think the deep had white hair.
Nothing on earth is his equal— a creature without fear.
He looks down on all that are haughty; he is king over all that are proud.

The leviathan is NOT too big for God. In fact, in the beginning of Job, Chapter 41, God tells us, very
clearly, what He can do to the Leviathan.

Pull in the leviathan with a fishhook and tie down his tongue with a rope.
Put a cord through his nose and pierce his jaw with a hook.
Make the leviathan beg for mercy and speak with gentle words.
Cause the leviathan to make an agreement to take him as a slave for life.
Make a pet of him like a bird or put him on a leash for girls.
Cause traders to barter for him.
Divide him up among merchants.
Fill his hide with harpoons and his head with fishing spears.

God, and only God, can crush a leviathan.

Psalm 74:13,14
It was you who split open the sea by your power;
you broke the heads of the monster in the
waters.
It was you who crushed the heads of Leviathan
and gave it as food to the creatures of the
desert.

So…

At 1:46 p.m., every day from here on in, I will be taking a moment, just one moment of my
day, to ask God to do just that, to utterly crush the leviathan. And I want to ask you to join me,
because if two or more agree on anything in prayer, God will do it.

"...Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything
that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For
where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of
them." Matthew 18:18-20

Please pass this on. It may be that we, together, can raise an army to pray every day at 1:46 that
this leviathan will be crushed.

That’s 1:46 p.m.

For #146, and the millions like her.
WOW !  This e mail reminded me that I am not just standing before Golaith with a sling and a stone. I am standing before this giant with a army of heavenly angels and a God bigger then any monster. And prayer is one of the most powerful weapons we have aganist this monster !! 

So every day at 1:46 we pray. 
We pray that this will end.

That people will fight.

That children will be saved.

We pray that LOVE will come and that LOVE will free !


So on this coffee date I am asking you to join me. Feel free to share this post. I pray you will. I pray an army of prayer warriors will rise.

We pray that LOVE will come and that LOVE will free !


2 comments:

  1. This is an inspiring post! Thank you so much for sharing this. I was also raised to have a compassion for people, and besides that, the Bible calls us to love others and help them. I love the idea of praying at 1:46 every day. I haven't heard of Love 146 before, but I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back after reading up on Love146. Just wanted to say thanks for passing along some info on them. What an amazing organization. For such a heart-breaking cause...
    I will definitely join you in prayer at 1:46 for the victims of sex trafficking.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments !