Thursday, September 23, 2010

Who am I ?

ash blessing

Photo taken by the talented Jeanette of In the Light photography

I have been thinking a lot about my identity lately.

Who am I ?

I know the short answer. I am a wife, mom, photographer, daughter, and friend.

Sometimes I am creative, more often I am cranky.

I am the finder of lost shoes and the maker of the lunches.

I am sleepy.

But there is more.

So much more
Untitled-1


*deep breath*

I am the daughter of a KING ! That's right folks I am a real life true story, i am so not kidding princess !!

I always knew this. But lately it has really hit home. I struggle with not keeping my identy wrapped up in what other people think about me. I am realizing the truth that it doesn't matter what other people think about me. Now don't get me wrong.

I LOVE people.

But I will run around all day trying to make everyone happy. Desperate to make sure you like me.

Its so silly.

If i had one smidge of a idea of how much I am loved by God i don't think I would even think about what other people think about my housekeeping skills or the outfit I am wearing. Or if my children are getting straight A's or how much money we make.

I was watching the television show addicted a few days ago while i cleaned the kitchen. It was about a 18 year old girl addicted to drugs. The show is all about helping people over come addictions and the reasons they become addicted.

It scared me.

As a mother it scared me.
As a mother of THREE daughters it scared me even more.

I dropped to my knees in my kitchen and prayed .

I prayed that my daughters would know their value. That God would protect their hearts , their minds, and their bodies from the evil of this world.

That they would be strong and fearless leaders. That they would never doubt their purpose in life. That they will know that they are chosen and set apart by God.

Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. Ephesians 1:4 (New Living Translation)

Please God.

Let them know this.


Help me to understand this.

 



3 comments:

  1. wow! gorgeous words, gorgeous prayer, GORGEOUS HEART! love to you my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and soooo true! Thanks Lauren, I needed that right now. Plus, thanks for using my picture. That gave me a much needed boost as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful post. Now following your awesome blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments !