Sunday, August 28, 2011

A sweet Sunday

My best friend Megan was sweet enough to take my older two girlies to a baseball game today. So when Will said he was leaving to take them over to her house this morning, I rolled out of bed, threw my hair up in a ponytail , and put on the first pair of shorts and a shirt I could find and said I wanted to come with him. We were in a hurry so Myka ended up wearing a pair of polka dot shorts two sizes to small and a flower tank top one size to small. I grabbed the diaper bad, put the baby in his carseat and we headed out the door.

After we dropped the big girls off Will hinted he wanted to go to the mall. Horrified, I told him in no uncertain terms I would NOT be seen in public in my current state of rolled-out-bedness. He was disappointed because he wanted to get out of the house today. I shot a wedding yesterday and my honey now has a new respect for me as a housewife during the week. And understands why a trip to the local grocery store is a big deal for me some days.

So even though i vetoed the mall I was convinced into IKEA! i cant say no to cheap , swiss, home organization. I still can not believe we walked around that store looking like we did. But I am soooo excited for the play room I am putting together. I will post pics when it is done but here is the start of the wall decor .




Nothing better for your walls then a cheap IKEA frame and a child's view of your family.

I mean look how SKINNY she made me !!

a last minute weekend trip to IKEA that sparks major creative inspiration is lovely !

happy Monday  i am linking up with me friend Heather over here :)

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! You are pretty funny. I love framing kids artwork. Ipsuch a great idea. IkeA is amazing for frames... And such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love IKEA and how you used the adorable drawing for wall art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable! the sleeping baby really makes it;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love kids views of families. i think it also tell a ton on how they perceive and understand. it is a blessing and shows your families character that everyone in the picture is smiling and happy! awesome post :)
    -Ash-

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments !