Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Megs meatballs

Ok, I need to be real with you all.

I DO NOT COOK !

But i am trying real hard.

My hubby saw me getting ready to post this and he laughed at me.

Thanks Honey.

Anyhoo, I got this meat ball recipe from one of my all time favorite blogs WHATEVER.
I changed it up just a little and it was a hit !

Tonight i had every intention of making it taco Tuesday.
Its a thing we do.

but then Lexi got invited to go watch her friends brothers football practice. Ashlynn was not invited.
And she was sad.

So we got a happy meal.

So much for meal planning.

But just in case you want to see how I made last nights dinner it is below.

I went all pioneer women on you with the pics,
granted her food pics are far more fabulous.
 i just steal recipes from other blogs,

Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup milk
1/2 chopped onion.
3 slices white bread ( I only had wheat )
A pinch of garlic
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp mustard ( not pictured )
and three eggs ( they are hiding in the back of the picture )
006-for-blog
first place the 3 pieces of bread in a bowl
010-for-blog

 add about a 1/2 cup milk. Enough to cover the bread but not drench it.
012-for-blogNext, Mush all the ingredients up in a bowl ( minus the brown sugar)
This part was really gross.
I HATE raw meat !!

016-for-blog

Then roll the meat mixture into little balls ( Hubby informed me mine looked like meat patties ) :P on that boy.

019-for-blog

Then cook the meat balls ( or meat patties) at 30 degrees for about 45 minute's.
Then add your sauce

i used 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp mustard.
Spoon sauce over the meat balls and cook for another 10 minutes.

I would make lots of sauce. We didn't quite have enough.

033-mb-blog

ok, so mine kind of do look like patties.
But the point is I tried.
Megs pictures are prettier.
And she has a neat typed up version of this recipe.

But the kids loved them
And my hubby said they were yummy.
And he was happy i made them.

The
end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments !