Thursday, October 28, 2010

Step one.....

Ok, So I am being honest that now I am feeling all shy about my picture taking skills. A LOT of you out there in blog land are insanely awesome photographers. So take what I say with a grain of salt.


Step one- get on the same level as your subject. This is the number one thing, that takes the least amount of time that will make a huge difference in your pictures.

In the examples below you can really see what I mean. In the picture on the right you can tell i am standing above her.Your eye is distracted by the door behind her, the shoe in the corner, and the boxes in the corner.

The picture on the left however all you can see is the subject of the photo Myka.

Photobucket



These pictures were taken within seconds of each other but tell vastly different stories. And all I did was change the angle that i was shooting from. It only takes a second make sure you are on eye level with your subject and not shooting from above.

Shooting from above your subject happens a lot with parents taking pictures of their kids. You get so caught up in what your eye is seeing you forget that your camera is seeing something completely different. By getting down to the same level as your subject/child you are helping the camera see what you see.

Our next lesson is on eliminating background distractions. I am hoping to get a chance to post it tomorrow but I may not since my brother in law is getting MARRIED tomorrow !!

I am so excited for my brother in law and soon to be sister in law.

I am photographing the wedding too :)

So it will be a crazy busy day !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments !